_________

Not Nice? 

Beautifully Tragic and Tragically Beautiful

Ruining people and destroying reputations is only the start of it.





5.22.2013

____________


Question.
Have you ever been in love?
love is an emotion mutually shared between two parties, so no
you?
You can love someone who doesn't love you back.
but is that actually love
?
Of course- who is going to tell you that your feelings aren't genuine?
They aren't you.
They can't tell you that you're wrong.
Deep down inside you know if you love someone.
but if you love someone, and they don't care for you. that's all that matters
No.
That's wrong.
You can love someone with all of your being and want their happiness above anything else and want to do anything for them.
well if I'm wrong, it would be obvious that I've never been in love before
ANd they can hate you or not even know you exist
That doesn't make the love any less real.
It was a yes or no question silly.
no, I've neber been in love
It's rather wonderful.
so you have?
Yes.
and?
That's a very open ended question.
Let's see.
I loved a man with all of his good points and flaws. I loved him and wanted only good things for him. I would have done anything for him. And he hurt me bad a couple of times.
And one day I had to walk away from him. I still loved him but I just couldnt take the pain that came with it.
what age was that at?
And one day that love slowly changed from romance to a much tamer love. A love that was more of'as a person' than 'as a lover'
I was nineteen.
I still love him to this day but- as a person. I care about him but there's no passion between us.
He's a family friend now.
who broke up with who?
1:14am
Well. He left me twice but I ended things permanently.
I deserved better and it took him breaking my heart over and over and over to realize that I was suppose to be treasured- not taken for granted.
The funny thing was- I knew it was going to end when I joined the army.
He didn't write me a single letter during boot camp
I wrote him every day.
When I went through my MOS training I called him constantly because we finally had phone privileges. He was always distracted and cut them short.
But he swore that he loved me.
And all I did was cry because I felt like he stopped caring about me.
I felt- alone.
I begged him to see me and I paid for everything.
He saw me twice.
When everything finally ended- he begged me to take him back. That he was stupid.
I refused.
He wrote me constantly when I was deployed.
Mailed me packages all the damn time.
When I called him (which was once every two weeks) he cried and talked to me for hours.
He'd email me nonstop.
And I told him it was too late.
The damage was already done.
We could not fix what was broken. You can't turn back time.
So if you get anything out my past relationship- it's don't take the people you care about for granted.
And if someone isn't treating you the way you KNOW you're suppose to be treated.... walk away no matter how hard it is.

No comments: