_________

Not Nice? 

Beautifully Tragic and Tragically Beautiful

Ruining people and destroying reputations is only the start of it.





10.07.2012

_________

I once read, "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
~
I sat back and thought about it long and hard. I have made many choices in life (not all of them being smart) and I often found myself walking away.
~
(Today is one of those rare moments in life I find myself not thinking about this hellhole I am in. Today I am thinking about normal everyday worries. Which is a nice change of pace.)
~
It is almost two in the morning, I have waited for something I am now almost certain will not happen and find myself at a loss. How did I get myself into such a terrible situation? Why do I even bother anymore? This is such a tricky business sometimes. You are walking down a path that splits so many times in so many directions it's like tree roots spreading far and wide. I often find myself second guessing every thought I voice, every action I proceed with, and every expression that escapes my face- exposing what I truly feel.
~
Since when was I so insecure? Since when do I let something get to me? Am I feeling ordinary right now? Of course not. Do not reply to me my dearest- only listen to what I have the need to get off my chest.
~
I am a fool- through and through. Do not tell me otherwise. This choice I made was one made knowing the end consequences. It ends with me sitting so poised and perfecting watching the seconds tick by. Seconds I will never get back. Seconds I wasted waiting. Seconds that I could have given to someone else. Instead they went to no one.
~
Do not reply my dearest; do not attempt to share wise words or south my aching soul.
~
I have walked away from scores of people. I could not love them. They were nothing but ordinary to me. Even now still I find myself cringing at the thought. How ill of me to think myself better than that. How cruel am I to walk away from a golden opportunity. But I did- and I would do it over and over just to prove a point.
~
I stopped for one though dearest. I took my coat and hanged it up at a place I find myself all too familiar with. I am sitting here waiting and wondering what I was thinking at the time I decided to hang up my coat. Perhaps it was time. Perhaps I was tired of wandering. Perhaps I thought it was a good place to stretch out and let my guard down.
~
~
Do I regret it? Ha, no of course not. But sooner or later I have to stop being so indecisive and make a decision. Sooner...I suppose.

No comments: