_________

Not Nice? 

Beautifully Tragic and Tragically Beautiful

Ruining people and destroying reputations is only the start of it.





5.25.2013

__________

No one liked your scarf. Do you remember that pink scarf you wore? G said it looked so fucking gay and wouldn't stop laughing. Everyone did actually. I thought it was nice. You stood out, it wasn't just the scarf- your demeanor, your excited outbursts, that giant pack on your back. What on earth did you have in there Kunchinai?

Do you remember a couple days in? Do you remember giving me a piece of the bread from you pack? It was the most delicious thing I ate that entire patrol. Nothing has tasted so sweet since then. I shared it with so many other guys on our patrol Kunchinai. Everyone loved it. I was so happy- it made you happy just seeing me happy. I miss you Kunchinai.

That one time we were so tired. Do you remember the day before you died? We were sitting on a small dirt mound so exhausted. I poured water down your pack to cool you and you yelped in surprised. Everyone laughed Kunchinai. It was a good day to be us. Or so we thought.

Do you remember asking to trade weapons teasingly? Or showing me your rounds? Do you remember giving me your ring?

I still have it. I wear it all the damn time. I talk to it like it's you and ask how excited you are to be in the states.

What a short live friendship we had. There are so many other memories I have of you but these are the ones that stand out the most to me.

Today the ground scares me Kunchinai....I'm afraid everywhere I step will explode. 

No comments: